I attended the 2016 Las Vegas Extravaganza at the Suncoast Resort and Casino at the end of October, and I am so glad I did. I have been involved with the T&CP since 2009 and this was the best Teaching Summit I have ever attended. The all-female line up of speakers were educational, inspirational and relevant. The passion of the members that attended the summit was evident by the quality of the interaction with the speakers. Below are some of the takeaways from the day and a half summit that I wanted to share with you:
- “A leader is a person with a vision and the influence to make it happen.”
- Find your power pose and use it! It can change the way you feel in just two minutes.
- It is possible to quietly break glass ceilings.
- “People don’t buy what you do, they buy WHY you do what you do.”
- “Listen actively, listen with empathy, and listen with awareness.”
- “It is not what you know, it is not who you know, it is who knows you.”
- It is not too early or too late to start when it comes to your retirement; the important thing is to make sure you do.
- Find your passion, and ask yourself what you want your legacy to be.
- The conversations and networking that takes place during breaks, at lunches, dinners and breakfasts are just as important as the knowledge gained from the speakers.
- People buy the “WHY” not the “what”; DISTANCE, not drivers, IMPROVEMENT, not lessons; EXPERIENCES, not tee times.
- What you and I do every day matters. It matters to the LPGA Tour, LPGA T&CP and the LPGA Board of Directors. It matters to your fellow professionals. And it matters to your students, customers and members.
It is the members that make the T&CP such a wonderful organization to belong to. It was so rewarding to see and reconnect with friends and to start to build new relationships. If your schedule and budget allow I would strongly encourage you to attend the next LPGA Teaching Summit, you will not be sorry you did!